Making a difference to health in Hackney
Although Homerton is funded by the NHS, the Homerton Hope charity allows us to raise funds over and above NHS provision, to further enhance our services and make our patients' experience even better.
Funds raised by Homerton Hope help to pay for additional equipment, research and innovations, as well as finishing touches and 'extras' that complement the existing high quality care for patients at the Hospital.
For example, Homerton Hope has: contributed towards the cost of creating family rooms for parents of pre-term babies to stay in overnight, funded a leisure co-ordinator post to help brain-damaged patients in rehabilitation and paid for artworks to brighten public spaces in the Hospital.
We are very grateful to the patients and families, companies and community organisations who make donations, leave legacies, organise their own events, or take part in marathons and treks to raise funds.
Every penny makes a real difference to the patients we care for each year.
Our wish list - please help us by making a donation
Mary Seacole Nursing Home
- Garden furniture
- Home accessories for patients' rooms
- Books, puzzles and recreational items
Starlight Children's Unit
- Peripheral vein imaging device for IV cannulation - to help find veins quickly on small children
- Big play items eg play house, table & chairs
- Refurbishment of the parent room; new fridge, microwave, cupboards, work unit, re-paint, lighting. Biscuit tin, cereal containers, jugs, cutlery, crockery
- Sensory items/activity panels/wall stickers
- Flat screen TVs with freeview
- Portable DVD players
- TVs on trolleys
- Mobile fans
- Resus trolleys and bag
- Zakky hands and gel cushions
- Refurbish the breast expressing/feeding room
- Refurbish the parents rooms
Elderly Care Unit
- Art sessions for patients
- Fumble boxes
- Easy clean wipeable chairs
- Wall installations/music system for children and patients with dementia to help them feel more at ease when having scans
Sickle Cell Unit
- Funding for drop in alternative therapy sessions like reflexology, acupuncture and massage for patients
- Day trip for the elderly patients
Womens Outpatient Clinic
Sexual Health Centre
- Mat for children’s area
- Toys for waiting areas and treatment rooms
- Complimentary therapist
Please get in touch if you would like to help us - call us or send an email if you would like to get involved, make a donation or fundraise for us. We really appreciate your support to our charity.
Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Trust Offices, Homerton Row
London, E9 6SR
tel: 020 8510 7320
fax: 020 8510 7608