He specialises in laparoscopic weight loss surgeries (gastric band or lapband, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy), laparoscopic hernia (groin & incisional) repairs, laparoscopic cholecystectomy for gallstones, laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery for heartburn and advanced laparoscopic surgery.
Mr Agrawal is certified as a ‘bariatric surgeon of excellence' by the Surgical Review Corporation (click here for details). He is the first weight-loss/bariatric surgeon in the UK to achieve this designation.
- qualified from Kolkata University in 1994 (MB BS)
- basic surgical training in Kolkata and Mumbai
- post-graduation from University of Mumbai in 1999 (MS)
- fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Glasgow (1999)
- higher surgical training in Upper GI and General Surgery in Oxford and West Midlands region
- Intercollegiate Specialty Examination in General Surgery in September, 2007 (FRCSEd)
- Laparoscopic Fellow (Post-CCT) in Upper GI and General Surgery at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
- Visiting Fellow on the Ethicon Short-term Clinical Visits programme awarded by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Ethicon Foundation Fund in the Gastric Surgery Division at the National Cancer Center and Cancer Institute Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
- First Post-CCT Fellow in Bariatric and Upper GI Surgery awarded under the National Surgical Fellowship Scheme through the Royal College of Surgeons of England in partnership with the Surgical Specialist Associations at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, UK
- Overseas Bariatric Fellow awarded by Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT) with Dr Bruno Dillemans in Brugge (Bruges), Belgium
- British Association of Obesity & Metabolic Surgeons (BOMSS) – Affiliate Fellow
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland (ASGBI) – Affiliate Fellow
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS) – Associate Member
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (ALS) – Member
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES) – Member
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) – Life Member since 1999.
Mr Agrawal holds Bariatric and General Surgical clinics at Homerton on Monday afternoons and Friday afternoons.
tel: 020 8510 7276