- M.B;B,S - India (1996) with certificates of merit.
- Diploma in child health (DCH) - RCPCH, UK (2004).
- Member of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPCH) - RCPCH, UK (2007).
- Fellow of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH), UK (2014).
- MSc in Allergy (Imperial college, London 2015) - with distinction.
Memberships and Other credentials
- Advanced Paediatrics Life support (APLS) instructor.
- Neonatal Life support (NLS) provider
- Member of British Paediatric Allergy, Immunity and Infection group (BPAIIG).
- Member of British society of Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology (BSPAR).
- Member of British society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI).
- General Paediatrics clinic: fortnightly clinics on Monday and Fridays.
- Paediatric Rheumatology: Dr Wazir has developed the Paediatric Rheumatology service at Homerton Hospital. He leads the service, which is a MDT service with active involvement of Paediatric Physiotherapy and Community Nursing team. The service provides shared care to children with Rheumatological problems with GOSH and Moorfield’s hospital. This consists of a MDT outpatient clinic with Paediatric Physiotherapy team.
- Paediatric Epilepsy: Dr Wazir has been involved in developing Paediatric Epilepsy service at Homerton Hospital. He runs a regular MDT Epilepsy clinic, with Paediatric Epilepsy nurse specialist.
- Paediatric Urgent clinics - Dr Wazir has weekly urgent clinic, with GP hotline.
Research, Publications and Posters
- “Role of Immunotherapy in IgE mediated cow’s milk allergy” - systematic review (Imperial College, London), 2015
- “Wegener’s granulomatosis - varied presentations” - oral presentation at International Rheumatology conference, GOSH, UK (2011).
- “Hypernatremic dehydration in breast fed infants” - letter to editor, BMJ 2009.
- “Increasing Trimethoprim resistance in Urinary Tract Infections - time for a change?” - oral presentation at Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health annual meet (2008).
- “Adalimumab is highly effective in Paediatric Crohn’s disease - a case series report” : Wazir, S et al - Poster at International Paediatric Gastroenterology meet, Berlin (2006).