- Home /
- Our services /
- Children's Services in the Community /
- Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS): First Steps /
First steps is a service for children, young people and their families who have mild to moderate mental health problems.
It is provided by a team of around 15 First Steps clinicians based in children’s centres and GP practices. The service includes:
- early access to a mental health service for mild to moderate psychological problems
- a range of individual and group interventions
- parenting support
- mental health promotion and teaching, training and consultation to frontline professionals working with children and young people
- the development of projects which support and empower parents and community groups
- referral onto tier 3 specialist CAMHS if required.
Patients can be referred to the service by a GP, health visitor, paediatrician, occupational therapist, educational therapist or other health or social care professional. Families may also self refer to the service.
The service operates 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
1st Floor Defoe Building
Hackney Community College
50 Hoxton Street
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Head of Service (CAMHS)
tel: 020 7683 4611
fax: 020 7014 7251