The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia service provides counselling, advice and support to parents/carers and individuals with or at risk of having Sickle Cell, Thalassaemia or other major haemoglobinopathies to residents of City and Hackney.
Activities carried out at the centre and in the community include:
- training, education and awareness programmes about Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia and other related red blood cell disorders
- genetic counselling
- blood testing
- advice on health and social issues
- individual and group support
- welfare and benefits advice
- acts as a source of expertise and advice to health care professionals locally and nationally in relation to Sickle Cell & Thalassaemia.
Referrals can be made by:
- secondary and primary care
- voluntary/statutory organisations
- family, carers or self referral.
Our opening times
We are open Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Sickle Cell & Thalassaemia Centre
457 Queensbridge Road
tel: 020 7683 4570
fax: 020 7853 6709