Our service is provided by a team of around 15 First Steps clinicians based in children’s centres and GP practices. The service includes:
- early access to a mental health service for mild to moderate psychological problems
- a range of individual and group interventions
- parenting support
- mental health promotion and teaching, training and consultation to frontline professionals working with children and young people
- the development of projects which support and empower parents and community groups
- referral onto tier 3 specialist CAMHS if required.
Patients can be referred to the service by a GP, health visitor, paediatrician, occupational therapist, educational therapist or other health or social care professional. Families may also self refer but only by telephoning the service.
Professionals may write or email but please only use this email: huh-tr.FirstSteps@nhs.net. to enable us to respond speedily and ensure patient confidentiality.
The service operates 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Downs Park Road
tel: 020 7014 7135
fax: 020 7014 7251
Visit the First Steps website here