There are currently 6 community paediatric consultants and 2 associate specialists. All staff cover the breadth of community paediatric work, including child protection.
They have Borough wide responsibility for specific areas of work across and provide neurodisability and other clinical services to a defined geographical area.
||Children centre area
|Dr Gabrielle Laing
020 7683 4255
||Associate Medical Director
Child Public Health
Please contact administrative staff at Defoe Building or the Hackney Ark. We do not provide dedicated telephone advice sessions but all consultants and senior paediatric staff will respond to calls from GPs and practice staff.
Community health services
50 Hoxton Street
tel: 020 7683 4691
The Hackney Ark
Children and Young peoples centre for development and disability
Down’s Park Road
tel: 020 7014 7000
Referrals to Defoe Building (Hackney Community College) for the following clinics:
- special advisory clinics
- school and safeguarding chilgren
- looked after children (LAC clinics)
- general enquiries.
Referrals to Hackney Ark for the following clinics:
- development and disability patch clinic (A-F)
- complex communication clinic
- complex communication needs assessment group
- developmental/pre-term follow up
- audiology - 2nd and 3rd Tier
- physical assessment clinic
- statutory assessments
- general enquiries