This includes assessment of the home environment for children with physical disabilities and recommendations for home adaptations and equipment provision as well as adaptations for children with complex behavioural issues as a result of their disability.
- for children aged 0-18 who have difficulties with every day tasks due to a disability, developmental delay or co-ordination difficulty
- children must live or attend school in City and Hackney to access the service
- the service offers advice and/ or treatment working on developing children’s ability to participate in every day tasks such as washing, dressing, play, community access and meal preparation
- the service assesses and makes recommendations for equipment and adaptations to promote independence in every day skills and reduce manual handling risks (e.g. seating, bath aids)
- children are seen at Hackney Ark, school and home
- the service also offers training to schools and early years settings regarding developing skills such as handwriting, scissor skills and developing independence.
The service works closely with other professionals involved in ther child’s care.
Heather Scott, Clinical Lead OT
Integrated Children’s Occupational Therapy Service
Hackney Ark, E8 2FP
tel: 020 7014 7025
The service operates between the hours of 9 – 5 Monday to Friday.
How to refer to us
Referral is made by GP, health, social care or educational professional. Parents can also self-refer by contacting the service on 020 7014 7025.
Please send written referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org