To book for Homerton maternity care, you can either:
- make an appointment with your GP who can refer you to us
- call our Maternity Helpline on 020 8510 5955 – you will speak with an experienced midwife who can refer you
- come to the hospital antenatal clinic and complete a self-referral form
- complete the online self-referral form and email to huh-tr.AntenatalReferrals@nhs.net.
- You can also be referred to us by your social worker or by any midwife. We recommend you book as soon as possible, ideally by 10 weeks.
We look forward to looking after you and aim to let you know the date of your first antenatal appointment within two weeks of hearing from you or your GP.
If you have any queries about your referral please contact Homerton Central Bookings on 020 8510 5094.
If you are interested in having a homebirth, please call 07775 812 741 or indicate your interest when you are referred.
We aim to tell you the date of your first appointment with us within two weeks of receiving your referral; you will receive either a phone call or a letter.
If this is your first baby, we aim to complete your first (or ‘booking’) appointment by12 weeks of pregnancy, followed by appointments at 16, 20, 26, 30, 34, 36, 38 and 40 weeks of pregnancy.
If this is not your first baby, you will have your first (or ‘booking’) appointment at 10-12 weeks of pregnancy, followed by appointments at 16, 20, 26, 30, 34, and 38 weeks of pregnancy.
If you have complications in your pregnancy, you may be seen more often. And if your baby hasn’t been born after 41 weeks of pregnancy, you will have another appointment at the antenatal clinic to check your and your baby’s wellbeing and discuss your options.