Warning signs in pregnancy are:
- any bleeding from the vagina after your pregnancy has been confirmed
- severe abdominal (belly) pain
- severe headache particularly if you have visual disturbances (like spots in front of your eyes)
- if your waters break
- if your baby’s movements get less or you think you haven’t felt the baby moving like (s)he usually does
- passing urine frequently – and with discomfort/pain
- a coloured or smelly vaginal discharge
If you are suffering any of these symptoms, please contact a doctor:
Before 18 weeks of pregnancy: contact your GP for advice or come into A&E (out of hours). You may be seen in the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (Monday-Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm).
After 18 weeks of pregnancy: telephone Delivery Suite 020 8510 7351 / 7352 / 7353 (24 hours a day). You may be seen in the Obstetric Assessment Unit (OAU). This unit is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.