During National Pathology Week we highlighted our Pathology department by organising a stand in the main Hospital reception which offered visitors the chance to try their hand at a bit of testing and entering the ‘key to your health’ competition which asked people to guess the number of keys in a bottle to highlight the many answers that Pathology can hint at.
There were well over 100 entries into our competition but there were considerably more people than that at the stand learning about the different kinds of tests and getting lots of freebies – our little pathology week bug was popular as were the pens.
National Pathology Week was organised by the Royal College of Pathologists and was designed to celebrate the contribution to
- diagnosis of infections and diseases
- involved in health screening
- diagnosis and treatment of allergies
- investigation of sudden infant death syndrome
- diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions
- investigation of diseases of the nervous system