The Homerton child protection service is provided by a specialist team of nurses and doctors that provides advice and support to staff who meet the needs of vulnerable children and families.
They lead the health service contribution to the safeguarding and child protection provision across The City of London and London Borough of Hackney. They are the first point of contact for child protection advice and paediatric opinion. They support the delivery of child protection training to all health staff across acute and community health services
"The support and protection of children cannot be achieved by a single agency... Every service has to play its part. All staff must have placed upon them the clear expectation that their primary responsibility is to the child and his or her family."
Lord Laming, Victoria Climbie Inquiry Report paragraphs 17.92/93
- Priority 1: The Local Safeguarding Context
- Safeguarding children and young people in the context of their access to technology and use of social media.
- Vulnerable Adolescents
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Safer Workforce
- Strengthening oversight and safeguarding interventions across the diverse communities of the City of London & Hackney
- Priority 2: Early Help & Early Intervention
- Priority 3: Strong Leadership & Strong Partnership - “Making the Invisible Visible.”
- Priority 4: A Healthy Workforce
Safeguarding children training is mandatory for every member of staff that works at Homerton. Everyone is exxpected to acheive their required level of child protection training within 3 months of joining the Trust. You can always check your training status via the mandatory training page. Everyone is also require to update their training every three years.