Say thank you to a compassionate nurse or midwife by nominating them for a DAISY award!
Say thank you to a compassionate nurse or midwife today!
The DAISY foundation was set up in November 1999 in memory of J. Patrick Barnes by his family.
DAISY stands for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. Patrick died of complications of the auto immune disease ITP and his family wanted to do something positive to honour him. The family were very impressed with the clinical care the nurses provided but were overwhelmed by the nurse’s kindness and compassion not just to Patrick but the whole family during his 8-week illness. They wanted to say thank you to the nurses for the extraordinary care they provided to patients and families and created the DAISY Award ® for extraordinary nurses. To read more about it, please follow the link: https://www.daisyfoundation.org/daisy-award
We want to hear your stories of where our nurses or midwives have gone above and beyond and demonstrated compassion during a specific episode of extraordinary care:
- Models empathy and demonstrates a caring attitude in all situations.
- Demonstrates extraordinary clinical skills in the delivery of compassionate patient care.
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism in the work environment.
- Exemplifies the mission, vision, and values of Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust
- Establishes a special connection with the patients and families
Each DAISY Award® Honoree will be recognised at a public ceremony in their ward or department and will receive: a beautiful certificate, a DAISY Award® pin, and a hand-carved stone sculpture entitled A Healer’s Touch. All Qualified Nurses, Midwives and Nursing Associates are eligible for the DAISY Award®.
To nominate a nurse or a midwife for a DAISY award® please complete the form below