Gynaecology update - Covid 19
During the Covid-19 pandemic, our routine clinics and routine operations are cancelled.
Patients referred urgently with suspected cancer will be telephoned and triaged into routine appointments or urgent appointments for investigations.
Patients with abnormal smears will be triaged and those with more severe abnormalities will be seen for colposcopy.
The gynaecology service is located in the Women's Health Centre. This is found through gate 7 to the right of the Mental Health Trust. Please go to reception when you arrive.
- Early pregnancy assessment unit - a dedicated early pregnancy assessment unit for women with problems in the first 18 weeks of pregnancy;
- Acute gynaecology clinics - a fast-track service for women with suspected gynaecological cancer.
- Colposcopy clinics - for the assessment and treatment of women with abnormal smear test results.
- Vulval clinic - for the management of women with vulval skin disorders.
- General gynaecology clinics - for women with general gynaecological problems.
- Urogynaecology and pelvic floor clinics - for women with urinary incontinence or prolapse, and for women who have suffered severe tears during childbirth.
- Endometriosis clinic - for women with endometriosis.
- Outpatient hysteroscopy service - for women with bleeding problems.
- Termination of pregnancy service – for women having early or late/complex pregnancy termination.
Making an appointment
In most cases you will be referred to one of our clinics by your GP. Appointments and referrals can be made by you or your GP via the Electronic Referral Service (e-RS).
- Miss Sandra Watson, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology,
Lead for Gynaecology, with special interest in early pregnancy, gynaecological ultrasound and outpatient hysteroscopy
- Mr Eric Nyarko, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Lead for Gynaecological Cancer and Colposcopy
- Miss Amelia Davison, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, with special interest in early pregnancy and outpatient hysteroscopy
- Miss Marina Fernando, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Postnatal Care Lead, special interest in outpatient hysteroscopy
- Mr Ed Dorman, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, with special interest in abortion care
- Miss Katrina Erskine, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, with special interest in colposcopy and vulval skin disorders
- Miss Cathy Roberts, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, with special interest in pelvic floor disorders and obstetric anal sphincter injury
- Mr Chris Barnick, Consultant in Gynaecology, with special interest in endometriosis
- Miss Maryam Parisaei, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, with special interest in pre-conception care
- Miss Tracey Masters, Consultant Gynaecologist, Lead for Abortion Service
- Jules Bowring, Consultant in Colposcopy
- Jane Thomas, Consultant in Colposcopy
- Yvonne Plummer, Consultant in Colposcopy
- Mr Yinka Akinfenwa, Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Associate Medical Director, Director Fetal Medicine Unit
- Miss Carron Weekes, Nurse Consultant in Gynaecology
- Miss Patience Sabau, Clinical Nurse Specialist for early pregnancy and hysteroscopy
- Miss Jennifer Dean, Clinical Nurse Specialist for early pregnancy and endometriosis
- Miss Helen Moriarty, Clinical Nurse Specialist for early pregnancy
- Miss Dawn Mighten, Cancer Nurse Specialist and Urodynamics nurse specialist
- Miss Polly Jedrzejak, Nurse Colposcopist
- Miss Usha Ratnasingam, Nurse Colposcopist
- Miss Veronica Temile, Nurse Hysteroscopist
- Suad Alwan, Sonographer
- Hameda Hakemi, Nurse Sonographer
HEALTH CARE ASSITANTS
- Miss Maxine Gabbidon
- Andrew Conquest - service manager
- Nadine Tuitt - gynaecology and colposcopy coordinator
- Sheila Martin - supervisor
- Sandra Moses
- Sarah-Jane Smith
- Harjinder Haspal
- Jill Bennardo - Abortion care service administrator
- Sharon Wellington - colposcopy secretary