Adult Cardiorespiratory Enhanced and Responsive service (ACERs)
The Adult Cardiorespiratory Enhanced and Responsive Service (ACERS) integrated Cardiorespiratory Service works across Primary and Secondary Care.
ACERS team aims to improve outcomes for anyone living in City and Hackney with a chronic cardiorespiratory disease. Our goal is to prevent people from dying prematurely from their condition and improve their quality of life.
ACERS uses innovative approaches, working with other health and social care providers, to achieve high quality, cost-effective integrated care in the community.
The services provided by ACERS:
- Hospital at Home Respiratory Service
- Provide an early support discharge and inpatient review service
- Cardiorespiratory Rehabilitation – Exercise and Education Classes
- Cardiorespiratory Case management, to optimise medication and self-management strategies
- Primary Care Nurse Specialist Heart Failure Clinics
- Support with Smoking Cessation
- Outpatient Respiratory Physiotherapy service for the management of dysfunctional breathing and chronic cough
- Integrated Psychology
- Provision of the Home Oxygen Assessment Review Service.
Angshu Bhowmik - Thoracic Medicine and ACERs Consultant Lead
Timothy Bowker - Consultant Cardiologist
Debbie Roots - Cardiorespiratory Nurse Consultant
Laura Graham - Respiratory Lead Clinician and Respiratory Physiotherapist
Morag Ryder - Clinical Psychologist
Sukhan Wilkins - Heart Failure Lead Nurse
Lily Huxen - ACERS Lead Administrator
020 8510 5107