How to refer
We aim to make referring your patients to Homerton as easy as possible. Please use the e-Referrals Service (e-RS) to do this whenever it is available.
e-RS is a simple and integrated booking service that covers the majority of Homerton services. This not only simplifies the process for yourselves, but it offers your patients a confirmed appointment at the time of referral and reduces the waiting times compared to other referral methods.
We are contractually obligated to only accept referrals via e-RS (except where an exclusion applies as per below), referrals not sent through e-RS will be rejected back to the GP surgery and we will request the patient is re-referred via e-RS.
The practice will be sent an email, and this will be followed up with a telephone call in these instances. This includes 2WW services.
If you need any help finding a service or have any queries/feedback on the system, please use the following contacts:
Tel: 020 8510 5261
Non e-RS referrals
For certain specialised services that require your patient to be seen within 24 hours, e-Referrals is not available. These services are:
- Termination of Pregnancy – call 03457 304 030 (including self-referral)
- Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit – call 0208 510 7861, email email@example.com, submit the EPAU referral form or fast track via A&E
- Emergency Gynaecology Assessment Unit – via A&E
- On the day Emergency Geriatric referrals or on Community Geriatric Assessment Referrals- Rapid access phone number: 07766 703 203
- High Risk (24-hour turnaround) TIA referrals – via email firstname.lastname@example.org (low risk to be referred via e-RS using ‘geriatric medicine’ specialty)
- Emergency (24-hour turnaround) paediatric referrals – call 07795 390715 (9am-5pm)
- Tertiary referrals
- Follow-up appointments
- Referrals from Dentists and Optometrists
- Referrals from Prison
- Referrals for Defence Medical Services patients based outside England
- Referrals from Private GPs
- Referrals from Out of Hour GPs or GPs based at Urgent Care Centres
- Same-day/A&E services
- Services which are accessed through self-referral/walk-in services.
- Termination of pregnancy
- Cross-border referrals from Wales and Scotland
- Patients who do not have an NHS Number
- Patients who have opted out from having their information transferred electronically