Exercise sessions for children and young people
Tumble tots group sessions are designed for children aged 2-5 with a Neurodisability who can walk with or without a walking aid. Please consult your treating physiotherapist if you have any questions regarding the session or suitability to your child. Your child can participate as able, the main aim is to have fun and be active.
Tummy time video
Early Development online resources.docx
head turning preference and plagiocephaly pdf
Leaflet tummy time.pdf
Ability Full Checklist.pdf
Awake Time Ideas - APCP leaflet.pdf
EI SMART Leaflet Toy and Play 0-3 months.pdf
Tummy Time frequently asked questions.docx
TummyTime activities to strengthen baby.pdf
How to find Hackney Ark - map
Hackney Ark is a centre for children and young people with disability and special educational needs (SEN). It brings together services from across the fields of health, education and social care to provide an integrated response to the needs of disabled children and their families. There is a wide range of support available at Hackney Ark by referral. If you can't find what you are looking for on this page it may be worth visiting the Hackney Local Offer website here.
Activities we offer
- portage drop-ins every Monday afternoon, offering early-years development and play advice physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- toy library every Wednesday afternoon
- regular siblings groups for the brothers and sisters of disabled children with ASD
- community children’s nursing team (CCNT)
- autism support group for the parents and carers of children with ASD
- positive parenting sessions offering tips and the chance to share advice
The Resource Centre at Hackney Ark is a one-stop shop for information, advice and support welcoming professionals, parents/carers of children with disabilities and SEN. A range of services are available when you visit.
A library of books, information leaflets, funding packs and two public computers equipped with internet access and learning aids.The Resource Centre has received fantastic feedback from parents/carers and professionals alike.
The opening times are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. (Lunch 1pm-2pm). Feel free to drop in or call us on 020 7014 7005/6.
Clinics and services
- 5-19ys weight management service
- development and disability patch clinic (A-F)
- community children's nursing team
- complex communication clinic
- complex communication needs assessment group
- developmental/pre-term follow up
- short breaks hit squad
- audiology - 2nd and 3rd tier
- physical assessment clinic
- statutory assessments
- children's continence service
- children's physiotherapy service
- general inquiries
- children's speech and language therapy
- therapy transition (moving to adult services)