Integrated Independence team
What is the function of our team?
We are a team of health and social care staff who aim to support people to maintain their independence at home. We work across Homerton Hospital’s A&E department and wards, and also in people’s homes. We can help to avoid hospital admission, support people when being discharged from hospital, and work towards rehabilitation goals when at home. We can provide appropriate domiciliary support through tailored input from independence assistants, therapists, social workers, nursing and medical input; dependent on the needs of the service user, for up to 6 weeks. Any on-going need will be discussed and arranged prior to the end of our time with the service user.
Criteria for referral
- >18 years
- Resident in City and Hackney
- Person requires multidisciplinary assessment and/or up to 6 weeks rehabilitation or reablement intervention
- Referrals for those in hospital must be made no greater than a week prior to estimated discharge date; if the service user is not discharged home within this timeframe, a new referral must be completed
How do you refer?
call 020 8510 7750
When can you refer?
Integrated Single Point of Access (iSPA) is available to discuss and screen referrals:
- Monday to Friday 8am – 10pm
- Weekends & bank holidays 10am – 6pm
Where do you refer?
- For Community Referrals – Complete the Community Therapies ISPA referral form
- For Hospital Discharges – Complete the Hospital DC Referral Form - updated Jan 2022
Please note: referrals can only be made by healthcare professionals. We do not accept self-referrals.