The aim of the pharmacy department is to achieve excellence in the provision of a full range of contemporary pharmaceutical services to the healthcare professionals and patients of Homerton Hospital.
The pharmacy service
- New medicines – new medicines are introduced at HUHFT after an application has been considered and approved by the Trust’s Joint Prescribing Group & Medicines Management Committee.
- Procurement of all medicines – all processes are quality controlled and best value for money is sought.
- Stores, distribution and dispensary services – all medicines are stored appropriately and securely for the onward safe and efficient stock distribution to ward areas and individual patient dispensings during admission and at discharge.
- Clinical services – ward pharmacists provide clinical and ward services to all acute medical, care of the elderly and rehabilitation patients, specialist surgical, intensive care, paediatric, neonatal and obstetric and gynaecology patients. Undertaking medication history confirmation, review of prescriptions, medication counselling and discharge planning. Specialist clinical pharmacists also work in a number of areas including HIV, antibiotic use, nutrition, clinical trials etc.
- Medicines Information – provides an information service to Trust healthcare professionals on all aspects of medicines use.
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN) service is provided to adults and neonatal patients via the pharmacy nutrition team.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Tuesday and Thursday 9am - 5.15pm
Saturday 11am – 2pm
Sunday 10am - 2pm
Bank holidays 11am – 2pm
On-call pharmacist available 24/7 for emergency medicines and advice required outside pharmacy hours.
Dispensary: 020 8510 5555
Medicines information: 020 8510 7000