Community Children's Nursing Service
The Community Children’s Nursing Team (CCNT) provides highly skilled nursing care for children aged 0-16 years old in Hackney and the City of London.
This service enables children to be cared for in their home preventing hospital admission and/or facilitating early discharge home, thereby allowing them to enjoy a normal family life.
The nursing needs of the child can be short term from completing a course of intravenous antibiotic to providing a continuing care package within the home environment.
The service is committed to improving the health and well being of children and young people in Hackney and the City of London, and we therefore work in partnership with children and their families, hospital and primary care services, partner agencies, and the local community to provide a service to all children as well as supporting those who are most in need.
- specialist nursing support and advice to all members of the multidisciplinary team
- specialist nursing care of advice to a child / young person or family who require it, enabling the child / young person to be cared for at home
- support to ensure the seamless transition of care from tertiary / secondary care to primary, community setting
- support to enable families to care for their child with nursing needs arising from long term/complex medical conditions or life limiting/life threatening conditions
- support for families and carers in caring for their terminally ill child (ren)
- individualised care packages in partnership with Children’s social care and the Learning Trust, which focuses on growth, development, education, and the psychological and emotional well being of the child
- care planning for the delivery of care, in partnership with parents and child where appropriate
- development of transitional care plans for children prior to transfer to adult services
- support for parents, to learn the skills required to care for their child. at home
- provision of equipment and supplies to enable the child to remain within the home, community, nursery or school setting.