Tuberculosis (TB) service
We deal with the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with tuberculosis (TB).
- TB case management
- Joint working with paediatrics, department of sexual health, mental health, mobile x-ray unit for London
- Rapid referrals service for GPs
- TB contact screening nurse-led clinic (skin testing and/or chest x-ray screening for those who have been in contact with people with TB)
- Community outreach service
- Community follow-up
- On site or community treatment adherence support – to help and support patients to take their treatments correctly and regularly
- Community screening for TB contacts i.e. educational institutions, the work place, hostels, etc.
- Case worker support for clients with complex needs
- Raising TB awareness on-site and in the community
- Research and education
- Nursing team availability on Saturdays
Making an appointment
We hold clinics on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, between 9am and 1pm. Please note that a first appointment is held on a Tuesday, with Thursday providing the follow-up appointment.
We do have Saturday clinics but they are by appointment only.
Appointments and referrals can be made by you or your GP via The Electronic Referral Service (e-RS). If you have no GP, there is a walk-in Primary Care Centre (GP service) at Homerton where the appropriate referral will be made if deemed necessary.
How to contact us
To change or cancel an appointment please contact the clinic administrator
tel: 020 8510 7775