We want to help people to enjoy happy and fulfilling sexual lives

We have a range of specialist staff to help you optimise your sexual wellbeing

Psychologist Sarah introduces our wellbeing services

Health advisers

Our health advisers are here to support you to enjoy the best sexual health

Health advisers are here to:

  • Give you time and space to work through difficulties with your sexual health - including a diagnosis of an STI
  • Arrange any follow-up that you need
  • Discuss issues around relationships and having sex
  • Discuss what safer sex means to you and help you to reduce your risk of STIs
  • Support you if you are feeling worried or low
  • Refer you on to any other services that may be required

If you are diagnosed with an infection

It can be very upsetting to be told that you have a sexually transmitted infection and it can leave you with a range of thoughts, feelings and questions. Health advisers are here to help you sort through these.

Whether you are in a long-term relationship or a brief one, it can be difficult to tell sexual partners that they might have an infection. We can help you decide the best way to do this, or we can even do it for you anonymously. It is important that sexual partners are informed and treated to stop some STIs being passed back to you or to others.

Sexual Health Psychology

Our psychologists are here to provide structured support around improving sexual health

Here are some of the types of problems we can help with: 

  • Difficulties with negotiating the type of sex you want
  • Hesitations, worries or difficulties with using condoms
  • Mood or anxiety problems that impact on your ability to protect yourself from HIV and STIs and/or pregnancy
  • Coercive or violent sexual relationships
  • Sexuality and gender difficulties (in relation to high risk sexual behaviour)
  • Sexual assault and rape
  • Alcohol and/or drug use that impacts on your ability to protect yourself from infections, pregnancy, or injuries

If you think you would benefit from psychology, please discuss this with your doctor, nurse, or health adviser