Get involved in research
Every minute in the UK, a person is diagnosed with a condition or disease. Research is vital to improving the care we receive when we are unwell, as the treatments used are based on research studies.
Due to those who have participated in research, it is now possible to:
- Improve diagnosis time and accuracy of illness
- Understand how to prevent conditions from developing
- Fight new strains
- Access new life changing treatments
- Ease suffering and improve care
- Faster recovery times
- Being able to take an active role in own care
What to consider when taking part:
- Every research study will have its own specific requirements depending on the research study you decide to participate in.
- Your involvement, time required, benefits and risks of the study will depend on the research taking place. However, every study involves ethical checks and approvals by regulatory bodies. You will be kept well informed every step of the way and this can be discussed with members of the research team.
- Your information will be kept confidential, and you can withdraw from the study at any stage – this will not change the way you receive your usual standard of care.
- Taking part doesn’t necessarily mean you will receive a new treatment.
How to get involved with Research
If you are interested in taking part in research, please consult your Doctor to see if there are any studies you may be eligible for. You can also contact us on email@example.com.
An online service run by the NIHR called 'Be Part of Research' is now available to join through the NHS app. People are able to use this platform to search what research studies are taking place for a variety of health conditions, and at locations they are able to access. To find out more about this, click the following link:
If you would like to find out more about participating in research and how to get involved, please visit the following links.
Join Dementia Research
Join Dementia Research is a national platform funded by the Department of Health and aims to encourage people with and without dementia to support dementia research. Anyone over the age of 18 can join the platform which aims to to connect volunteers with dementia researchers who are looking for participants to join their approved studies.
For more information, please click the following link: https://www.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk