Learning disabilities and Autism service
We know that coming to the hospital can be a worrying time for anyone. People with learning disabilities and/or autism and their carers may need extra information and support to make their hospital experience better. We want to improve our services for patients with learning disabilities and/or autism and have a lead practitioner for Learning Disabilities who supports patients, carers and the Trust.
We can help with...
- Planning admissions
- Check reasonable adjustments are put in place
- Ensure learning disability and autism alerts are used
- Promote use of Hospital Passports
- Communication, including accessible information
- Liaison with community services
- Concerns around capacity
- Support and advice for family and carers
A hospital passport is a document about people and their health need, but It also has other useful information, such as interests, likes, dislikes, how people like to communicate and any reasonable adjustments that they might need.